Whether it is a library, media centre, photo library, resource center, ... this module can be adapted neatly to the needs and processes of your organization.
Not only books, CDs or DVDs can be managed, but also any other didactic materials or technical equipments, artifacts or objects. (Ex.: video camera, projector, learning case, educational games, electronic equipment, display cabinets ...).
By using a barcode scanner it is possible for the system to find all the information concerning a media on the Internet (title, author (s), publisher, ISBN, title, ... ) and directly store it in the database. Thus data entry (basic informations and metadata) is automated at a high extend and the timely effort to capture large media collections is reduced to a minimum.
The intuitive user interface makes it possible to use the application with a minimum of training.
Once the media is stored in the database, it is possible to make it available in an O
atalog (OPAC). Visitors can search for media and make reservations.
Members of the library can borrow items. The loan period can be set depending on the media type.
The statistical and administrative functions allow administrators to have an overview over the stock of media, borrowed media, loans which are overdue, etc. ... . Adminstrators can send out reminders to borrowers, take inventories, etc ...
Pupils, students and teachers can rate books they have read, write comments, recommendations and reviews and share those with others.
- Integration of the catalog into a web portal
- Individually customized graphic design
- Publicly available online catalog (OPAC)
- Organization-specific categorization and classification schemes
- Customizable data entry screens for administrators
- Customizable views for visitors
- Customizable (organization-specific) data model
- Links to other databases (eg authors, readings, ...)
- Parallel, separate databases possible. (e.g. students library, teachers library)
- Possibility to reuse existing codes
- Customizable stickers for the media (layout/logo + content + barcode)
- Printable membership cards with barcodes
- Cards with pre-printed bar codes can be associated to user accounts
- Customizable membership cards if necessary with the Corporate Design
Functions for the user
- Evaluation function (rating)
- Contact and feedback function
- Suggest function (book / movie of the month, book / film on the subject)
- RSS Feed
- Newsletter function
- News feature / Event Announcements / Pinboard
- Calendar / Cultural Agenda
- Online reservation
- Multilingual WebFront (localization)
- Full-text search of the whole portal
- Simple / Advanced search function in the media catalog
- Cross-linking of media to other media in the catalog
- Recursive links to media (for example, by the same author)
- Import of Antolin information
Administration / Technical Aspects / Collection Management
- Web-based catalog management
- Union-catalog biblio.lu
- Automatic filling of fields via gateways (Autofill - Auto-capture)
- Media types (Books, CD, DVD, objects, electronic documents, photos ...)
- Different view masks per user group
- Administration interface (Multilingual)
- Barcode generation (based on ISBN or free code generated per copy)
- Support/verification of codes: ISBN 10/13, ISSN, ISMN, EAN
- Dewey similar classifications possible
- Printable version of catalog
- Export functions
- Import functions
- Independant of Operation System (Windows / Mac OS / Linux)
- Web application (no installation on a local computer needed)
- Statistical functions
- Automated reminder emails to return a book
- Findit / BNL - API
- Z3950 Gateway (automated retrieval of MARC records)